Protest Michelle Rhee and the
Corporate Attack on Education
February 7th, Rally at 7pm, Event at 8
2025 Broadway, Oakland
Who is Michelle Rhee?
- Former chancellor of Washington DC schools and anti-union crusader
- Founder of StudentsFirst, a partner in privatizing education with people like Bill Gates and the Broad Foundation
- Featured in the movie Waiting for Superman, where she denigrated public school teachers and promoted her corporate brand of “Rhee-Form”
Why Should We Protest?
- This isn’t about just one person: it is about the right-wing movement that Rhee represents
- Rhee personifies the pro-corporate agenda that puts test scores and private contracts before students’ needs
- Rhee and her right-wing cohorts, like Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, are leading the national drive to bust education and other public sector unions
What Do We Want?
- Fully funded public education
- An end to school closures and the expansion of charters
- Good contracts for all public sector workers
Join Bay Area Education Activists
as we give Rhee the reception that she deserves!
For more information email RheeSist@yahoo.com,
or call the Oakland Education Association at 510-763-4020